When it comes to furnace repair and service in Yuma, AZ, one of the most important maintenance tasks is replacing your furnace filter. But how often should you replace it? The answer depends on a few factors, including the type of furnace filter you use and the size and layout of your home. These factors affect the lifespan of the filter. When you book furnace service in Yuma, AZ, our highly experienced furnace technicians will ensure that you don’t have to worry about any of these issues.
The Golden Rule For Filter Replacement In The Furnace
It’s essential to remember furnace filter replacement because it can help keep your furnace up and running with fewer repairs. A furnace filter works like a net by catching dirt, dust, and other particles that would otherwise interfere with its operation or pollute the air inside your home. There is a golden rule to replacing the filters .1-2-inch filters need replacement every three months, 4-inch filters every six months, and 5-inch filters every 12 months. If you need any assistance or have any questions, Rapid Air LLC is here to help.
Signs Your Furnace Filter Requires Replacement:
Here are a few things to consider when determining the replacement of your furnace filter:
- Excessive dust: Excessive dust in your home might be a sign to replace your furnace filter. Furnace filters help keep your furnace running smoothly and improve the air quality in your home, so it’s important to ensure they’re always in good condition. Contact Rapid Air LLC if you have questions or require assistance.
- Higher energy bills: If you’ve noticed higher energy bills, it might be time to replace your furnace filter. A dirty furnace filter can cause your furnace to work harder and consume more power than usual, resulting in increased heating bills.
- Health problems: A clogged filter may cause allergies, sinus issues, or other respiratory conditions you and your family may be experiencing. You can compromise your health if you don’t change the furnace filter promptly.
- Strange odors: When you notice strange odors coming from your furnace, it could signify that your furnace filter needs to be replaced. If the furnace filter is clogged with dust and dirt, it will cause the furnace to blow these particles into the air, resulting in unpleasant odors.
- Less heat: If your furnace is not warming up your space as it used to, it may be time to replace the furnace filter. A clogged furnace filter can restrict airflow and cause your furnace to work harder than it needs to, leading to a longer heating cycle. If you experience these issues, you can contact our technicians for heating repair services in Yuma, Arizona.
If you need help with how often to replace your furnace filter, the best thing to do is consult a professional for specific guidance. Reach out to us today to schedule a consultation for advice on furnace filters and replacement schedules.
We also provide various financing options for your convenience. Call us at (928) 329-7070.